Re: [Rival] Corrupt Government Defends Corrupt Company (Microsoft)

____/ Darth Chaos on Tuesday 11 March 2008 06:22 : \____

> It's the "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours" scenario. And
> it wouldn't matter if the sitting president is Republican or Democrat,
> since Gates has funded candidates' campaigns in both parties.

Yes, it's a Federal issue. It's not just IT, either.

See this video if you haven't:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5jkZFIwmc-8

They just buy 'protection'. It is a form of kickbacks (bribery) at the
government level.

These 'case studies' which involve Microsoft could equally serve those who
study government corruption against the environment, other innocent nations,
artists, small businesses and so forth.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'
Mem:    515500k total,   444448k used,    71052k free,      920k buffers