Re: [News] [Rival] Survey: Only 8% of Windows Vista Users Are Satisfied

> Leopard Beats Vista for Corporate Satisfaction
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| In a February survey of 2,200 U.S. corporate computer users, 53% of those
>| using Mac OS X 10.5 reported that they were very satisfied with their
>| operating system. Of those using Windows XP or Windows Vista, however, 40% of
>| the former and only 8% of the latter said they were very satisfied.
> `----
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/143960/leopard_beats_vista_for_corporate_satisfaction.html
>
> That's just shocking. Can Microsoft's marketing team hide this reality with a
> Big Lie for much longer?

I very much doubt it.  I was chatting with Mrs Mark's parents yesterday
about their computing.  They're completely satisfied with their Mac,
which still works as well as the day they bought it;  they're equally
satisfied with their Ubuntu laptop, which also works as well as the day
Ubuntu was installed on it.

They've just purchased a PS3 for their grandchildren to play on, after
deciding that a console was a better bet than a computer for gaming.
I've told them that we can put Linux on that as well, so they're up for
that, if nothing else, so that they can use the Linux games which they
like on the Ubuntu machine.

They have not the slightest interest in using Windows.  Mrs Mark's
mother was an accountant with the local authority and used Windows for
years.  She now chuckles at hearing of "computer expert" friends who
spend all their time re-installing windows, chasing down viruses and so
on, whereas she just uses the Mac and the Linux laptop.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |