[News] A Good View (Screenshots) of Beautiful KDE 4 Applications

  • Subject: [News] A Good View (Screenshots) of Beautiful KDE 4 Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:07:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE4 - Kalzium

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 is the latest and greatest in Desktop Environment ( Yeah, I like to use
| that phrase). Its is not as user friendly or as stable as KDE 3.X but
| displays the promise to be the best in its class. KDE 4 has many usability
| and eye candy improvement over KDE 3.X and I hope to see a lot of them in KDE
| 4.1.
`----

http://www.lazytechguy.com/2008/03/kde4-kalzium.html

Thumbnail bars

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to the hard work of Ilya Konkov, Gwenview now features nice thumbnail
| bars.
`----

http://agateau.wordpress.com/2008/03/29/thumbnail-bars/

Yesterday:

KDE 4 rev 790000: Better stability and performance

,----[ Quote ]
| This is another revision of the development version of KDE 4 environment.
| Lots of you have asked why it took me so long to publish this article. Well,
| I was just waiting for rev 790000, that’s all. I hope that your curiosity
| will be satisfied since there’s been a lot of changes to describe this time.
| I did my best.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-790000-better-stability-and-performance/

Related:

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)

,----[ Quote ]
| You don’t always see this in the official changelogs but the KDE 4
| development is progressing in an extraordinary speed. After a deep look at
| rev 777000 we are presenting you a new visual review of changes made to KDE 4
| during the last couple of weeks.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-41-visual-changelog-rev-783000/

Matthias Ettrich: The KDE-Man!

,----[ Quote ]
| Nobody in their right mind would choose Windows over GNU/Linux based on the
| desktop experience alone, says Matthias Ettrich.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/25412/news.htm

Plasma Themes Contest

,----[ Quote ]