Re: [News] [Rival] Bank Down for 5 Days, Microsoft Software Blamed?

7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Sampo Pankki törmäsi Microsoftin palvelimeen
>>
>> http://www.digitoday.fi/page.php?page_id=66&news_id=20088831
>>
>> Someone who speaks the language sent me this. What kind of bank puts
>> financial data in the hands of an O/S which has 40% of the PCs out there
>> totally owned by a criminal <
>> http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news
> computersecurity/2008-03-16-computer-botnets_N.htm
>

> Banks have a duty to prevent any browsers operating on windummy osen
> from connecting to their systems and tell them to go buy an eSys Linxu
> machine or an Ausus EEE to connect.

These machines are so inexpensive that the banks could give them to
their best customers.  That way, we could at least have a secure OS on
the client side.  We'd just need the banks to take security seriously on
their side, then.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |