[News] Red Hat’s “Switzerland Status” and Huge Win Amid Recession

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat’s “Switzerland Status” and Huge Win Amid Recession
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:15:43 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
No Recession at Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| It is flattering to be mentioned, Mr. Whitehurst said, but he noted that
| corporate customers and the industry benefit from what he called Red
| Hat’s “Switzerland status” — not being a province of one of the major powers
| in the technology industry.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/no-recession-at-red-hat/

Red Hat Roars in Q4

,----[ Quote ]
| The company projected that its sales for the year will grow as much as 30
| percent.

Yesterday:

Tech stocks lose momentum, close in the red

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Inc. shares closed with solid gains Friday after the company reported
| strong fourth-quarter results, but most other leading technology stocks gave
| back their gains, and the overall sector ended the day in the red.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/red-hat-continues-lead-gains/story.aspx?guid=%7BF21B3565-EA92-4A72-8C3B-8A512E808002%7D

Red Hat upgraded to 'BB-' on consistent revenue, earnings growth - S&P

,----[ Quote ]
| Standard & Poor's Ratings Services upgraded Red Hat Inc, citing a consistent
| growth in revenues and operating earnings and improving financial profile.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2008/03/28/afx4827203.html

Red Hat posts great 2008 fiscal year earnings

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyone under the delusion that you can't make money from open source and
| Linux should have been on Red Hat's 2008 fiscal year earnings call on March
| 27.

Red Hat Growth Recognized by Forbes Magazine

,----[ Quote ]
| From an investor's perspective (where future results are key), the list also
| seems to include those companies that the equity analyst community believes
| are positioned to deliver double-digit earnings growth well into the future.
| Given our fast, top-line growth, strong EBITDA margins and high cash flow
| yield, Red Hat is a standout company on Forbes' survey of over 2,000 public
| companies.
`----

http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/02/04/red-hat-growth-recognized-by-forbes-magazine/

Red Hat gunning for $1 billion in revenue

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/tech-news/?p=2053