Re: [News] How Miguel de Icaza Ruins Linux, Contiminates Code with Microsoft Licences

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Oh Miguel...
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I just hope it's a better kind of help than C#, OOXML, and a
> | barely-working Silverlight clone. Unless you have some grand scheme for
> | making software patents go away?
> |
> | Miguel, you're a smart person and I respect what you've done. But your
> | current infatuation with All Things Microsoft is, frankly, scaring me
> | and a lot of other people. I didn't switch to Linux so I could have
> | Microsoft technologies in my face.
> `----
>
> http://ventnorsblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/oh-miguel.html

One technique is to get Miquel, Novel and micoshaft to sign a disclaimer
that they will not sue for any technology they may accidentally
or otherwise contribute /incorporate into open source software
they are contributing to. For this pledge they can work to make sure it
is irrevocable. And if it is found they have
contributed, then the guarantees are irrevocable and that can be used
against them if spliffing management morphs into some deranged porkie
monster out and about trying to stir up things.