[News] [Rival] Trouble Ahead for Microsoft: Yahoo, Surface, Shills

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Trouble Ahead for Microsoft: Yahoo, Surface, Shills
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:24:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
China Law Could Impede Microsoft Deal for Yahoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft’s hostile-takeover attempt against Yahoo may encounter an
| unexpected hurdle in August after a Chinese antimonopoly law takes effect
| that will extend the nation’s economic influence far beyond its borders.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/28/technology/28yahoo.html?_r=2&ei=5088&en=7a73f32c393fc7e8&ex=1364356800&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Meanwhile, as it has just turned out, Microsoft's 'Surface' is procrastinated,
still DoA. What a waste of money (mind article at the bottom about the loan).

No link because the report come from a Microsoft boot licker, Ina Fried.
Speaking of which, lookie here! Another Microsoft AstroTurfers (paid to recite
Microsoft slogans) is now flirting with Microsoft execs. No suprise here:

GigaOM Interview: Ray Ozzie, Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corp.

http:// gigaom.com/2008/03/10/the-gigaom-interview-ray-ozzie-microsoft-corp/

They do a punishment/award thing for access to execs. Om Malik apparently did
enough shilling for Microsoft.

Recent:

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Related (context, re: Om Malik):

Microsoft pays star writers to recite slogan

,----[ Quote ]
| The stodgy old media industry has a rule that newspaper reporters, and TV
| news hosts, shouldn't trade on their public trust to endorse products.
`----

http://valleywag.com/tech/federated-media/microsoft-pays-star-writers-to-recite-slogan-271485.php

Malik, Arrington and Battelle: X-22, come in [to Microsoft]

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9733995-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

,----[ Quote ]