Re: [News] [Rival] CIO.com: "Microsoft Should Toss Vista in the Trash"

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 27 March 2008 01:04 : \____

> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote on Wed, 26
>> Mar 2008 20:47:42 +0000 <fcpqb5-5e2.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>> Can Microsoft go another six years, and waste another 10 Billion
>>> USD, with (essentially) no product in the meantime?
>>
>> 10?
>>
>> 10?????!
> [...]
>> Of course you're probably referring to R&D costs, which might be
>> $2B/year.
>
> [quote]
> Why Vista might be the last of its kind
> [...]
> If we assume Microsoft's costs per employee are about $200,000 a year,
> the estimated payroll costs alone for Vista hover around $10 billion.
> [/quote]

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003460386_btview04.html

Well, expect another rubbish O/S in 3-4 years from now. They'll delay and
delay... the same sort of procrastination you now find with SP3 of XP, SP1 of
Vista (almost worse than RTM), Server...

Microsoft has openly admitted its troubles on several occasions. Usually these
were leaks. Many Microsoft products depend on Windows' codebase, including
Home Server that will continue to corrupt people's data (memories, finances)
until June at the earliest.

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq