Re: [News] Hypocritical ISO Screws Up Again with Proprietary Formats

Jesper Lund Stocholm <jls2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> On 24 Mar 2008 14:02:51 GMT, Jesper Lund Stocholm wrote:
>>
>>> Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

>>> I am not assisting in doing what you say.
>>
>> Just so you know what kind of a person you are dealing with Jesper,
>> here is some information about Mark Kent.
>>
>> As you can see he is a major hypocrite:
>
> Yes, I saw the thread with Mark's exposure

<chuckle>

I've always been quite open about my position, and unlike you, I post on
topic, pro-charter material.  There isn't and never has been anything
to expose.  I retain my openly and publicly stated position that open
platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  I've put a line to this effect in my
.sig, so that anyone who thinks that I've been "exposed" can see that the
trolls have "exposed" a statement of what I've always said.

If you look on the internet, you'll see, as I've repeatedly stated in
cola, that I travel the world lecturing on this subject.  My position is
and always has been the same.

A sub-text of that is that the abuse of standards processes, as you're
involved in, actively assists in vendor lock-in, which actively promotes
the abuse of customers by suppliers.

So again, what's your excuse for assisting in pushing an immature and
unimplemntable document through a fast-track process which was never
intended for such use?

... and no hiding behind childish "exposures" please.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |