[News] Free Software Integration a Key to Success

Consultant hopes open source apps will "snap together" someday

,----[ Quote ]
| Bachana recommends starting your company's open source journey at the Web
| level. "There's plenty of resources out there where you can get information
| on the different platforms available. Implement Web servers first. Hire a
| couple of really great developers that know the LAMP environment and task
| them with getting a roadmap for the back office using open source. If you
| start that way, you could map all your needs to readily available open source
| solutions out there. But it starts with getting at least one person who is a
| technologist that could support them in the back office."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/129881

Things like BitRock (link below) are available especially for this.

Related:

Scary news for Microsoft in HP's earnings call

,----[ Quote ]
| HP never saw a "Vista moment at any time over the past year" declared HP CEO
| Mark Hurd in yesterday's earnings call.
|
| [...]
|
| Think about that. These are markets that don't need Vista, that have no
| institutional memory of Windows (over the Mac or Linux). These are markets
| that are wide open for real competition (and real innovation).
|
| Again, this is great news for every person on the planet...except Microsoft
| shareholders.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9821120-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

BitRock: Application Installation in a Networked World

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2008/02/12/bitrock-application-installation-in-a-networked-world/