Re: Tera is Scott Douglas

The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote on Mon, 24
> Mar 2008 18:14:53 +0000 <ul7lb5-pea.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>> I really wish Ghost would switch from that Troll's haven to a real
>> news server. It'd make my killfile a /lot/ smaller and easier to
>> maintain.
>
> Something cheap would be nice. ;-)  One advantage (or disadvantage,
> depending on one's point of view) is that TeraNews provides 60 MB/day
> on a pittance -- about half a cent a day, or $5 every 3 years.

I can't beat that, but SuperNews do a text feed for less than the price
of a couple of brewskis a month, so that's do-able.

> I'm not above trolling, admittedly, but do want to be very
> intelligent about it

I've never considered you a Troll. You play Devil's advocate quite a
bit, although it seems to be with tongue firmly planted in cheek. It may
well be that your sarcasm flies too high to slap the Trolls in the face
though. Certainly it gives me the odd chuckle.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 21:53:28 up 94 days, 19:29,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.02