[News] [Rival] With or Without Yahoo, Microsoft Claimed Doomed Online

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] With or Without Yahoo, Microsoft Claimed Doomed Online
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:15:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
New Search engine report: Microsoft-Yahoo has no chance against Google

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is betting that a buyout of Yahoo will help in its battle against
| Google, but a new search report shows that's purely wishful thinking. Google
| continues to gain market share, while both Yahoo and Microsoft lose ground.
| Microsoft needs to learn that adding together two negatives doesn't equal a
| positive.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/new_search_engine_report_microsoft_yahoo_has_no_chance_against_google

The Way That Yahoo Can Resist Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo has a lot of substance to it with all kinds of substantial products and
| services across the globe. Call it peanut butter or call it honey, but you
| have to admit, a lot of it is pretty sweet (or sticky, or both).
`----

http://www.traffick.com/2008/03/way-that-yahoo-can-resist-microsoft.asp

Yahoo: Here’s why we rejected Microsoft offer

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo’s surprise three-year forecast announcement on Tuesday lays out why the
| Internet giant has refused to budge from its belief that Microsoft’s bid
| severely undervalues the company.
`----

http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2008/03/18/yahoo-heres-why-we-rejected-microsoft-offer/

Is Microsoft Offering a Rose to the Wrong Bachelorette?

,----[ Quote ]
| While Yahoo plays games with Microsoft's acquisition bid, some are beginning
| to ask, "Why isn't Microsoft buying AOL?"
`----

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/080321-122057

Internet Search Stats Point to Microsoft Decline

If Microsoft buys Yahoo, it will be deep in debt. And watch the local news:

Deep recession poses biggest risk for Seattle

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/jontalton/2004300185_biztaltoncol23.html

Related:

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Feeling the heat at Microsoft