[News] Another Tiny Servr Runs GNU/Linux (OpenMicroServer)

  • Subject: [News] Another Tiny Servr Runs GNU/Linux (OpenMicroServer)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:21:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
OpenMicroServer: Tiny Footprint Linux Server

,----[ Quote ]
| I saw an announcement that the OpenMicroServer (OMS) is now available in the
| U.S. It has been produced in Japan for some time but has just been made
| available domestically. What’s cool about it is that it is small  and can be
| powered from an Ethernet port. It reminded me of the BlackDog USB Server that
| made a splash a couple years back.The little OMS only measures 9” x 4” x 1.3′
| It’s officially supported for Debian (Etch) and NetBSD. Plat’Home also
| maintains their own OS SSD/Linux which is a combination of Linux and BSD
| code. I love little gadgets like these and try to figure out some innovative
| ways to use them.
`----

http://socializedsoftware.com/2008/03/22/openmicroserver-tiny-footprint-linux-server/#more-225

Related and recent:

Linux on half of all new servers? Red Hat's got plans

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/NewsStory.aspx?story=64797