[News] Microsoft Tries "Jackass" to Save Its Ass, WIntel-based Startup Dies

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Tries "Jackass" to Save Its Ass, WIntel-based Startup Dies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 03:48:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft apparently hopes that a "Jackass" can up its hip quotient and
increase market share

,----[ Quote ]
| This came to my inbox this morning from a reader who shall remain nameless. I
| found it sort of interesting.
|
| [...]
|
| Perhaps this new campaign is the opening salvo to be launched by Microsoft's
| newly hired advertising agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, the "it" agency of
| the moment in the advertising world.
`----

http://cajunboyinthecity.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-apparently-hopes-that-jackass.html

Cisco-baiting security co goes titsup

,----[ Quote ]
| An Intel-backed security company which tried to compete against networking
| behemoth Cisco in one of its strongest markets has shut down.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/03/20/lockdown_shutdown/

They all just blame the economy. Dell is meanwhile moving to China. Microsoft
goes overseas also. Same with Intel.

Recent:

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Microsoft's DreamSpark – What a Giveaway

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/microsofts-dreamspark-%E2%80%93-what-giveaway