Re: Neelie Kroes responsible for crapware ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Friday 21 March 2008 13:38 : \____

> "Nowadays, many people pay little or nothing for the copy of Windows
> loaded on PCs because manufacturers charge suppliers for bundling
> "crapware" -- trial software, Internet services, the Google Toolbar
> and similar rubbish. (And anti-trust regulations mean there's nothing
> Microsoft can do about it.)"
>
> "Sony is offering to remove some of the crapware from the TZ2000
> ultraportable model .. option costs $49.99 extra!"
>
> "I know this idea is heresy to the US Justice Department and Neelie
> Kroes and her minions in the Let's Kill Microsoft department of the
> European Commission, but shouldn't somebody who wants to buy a machine
> running Windows have the right to get a machine running Windows,
> without all the crap?"
>
> "OK, that isn't going to happen -- benefiting consumers is not part of
> the anti-trust agenda"
>
> http://snipurl.com/22af0

The solution is simple. It's unbundling.

"Fat operating systems spend most of their energy supporting their own fat."
        --Nicholas Negroponte, MIT Media Lab, rediff.com, Apr 2006
Tasks: 114 total,   2 running, 112 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie