Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Offices Searched for Hookers

____/ [H]omer on Friday 21 March 2008 00:42 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft Building Searched By Feds Investigating High-Priced Hookers
>
> This doesn't even remotely surprise me.
>
> However, the FBI found nothing of interest in the building, except a
> used grease-gun and a pair of soiled underpants. They later found a
> stash of towels hidden in some disused soda machines in the basement,
> but these turned out to be legitimate leftovers from an earlier sale.

Better than most visits to other branches.

Ecuador Tax Agency Closes Microsoft Branch Offices For 7 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have twice requested balances, payment reports and complete tax
| information, but the company hasn't given it to us, so in accordance with our
| laws we have proceeded with the closure," the SRI official in charge of the
| proceeding said.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200710041610DOWJONESDJONLINE000810_FORTUNE5.htm

Microsoft Office raid in Hungary

,----[ Quote ]
| "Such behavior could lead to the exclusion of competitive products from
| the market and violate European Union rules, according to the authority
| known as the GVH."
`----

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/26/ap3957835.html

It's probably not justified though. Microsoft might say it was just
doing "business as usual".

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
roy      pts/3        cg093a.halls.man Wed Mar 19 15:20   still logged in