Re: [News] Another Anti-GNU/Linux Move from Microsoft Cripples PCs

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft to limit capabilities of cheap laptops
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft plans to offer PC makers steep discounts on Windows XP Home
> | Edition to encourage them to use that OS instead of Linux on ultra
> | low-cost PCs (ULPCs). To be eligible, however, the PC vendors that make
> | ULPCs must limit screen sizes to 10.2 inches and hard drives to 80G
> | bytes, and they cannot offer touch-screen PCs.

This is total and utter market distortion.
And the EU regulators are completely asleep!!!!!

There is no reason why a monopoly needs to do that other than for
monopoly anti-trust violating reasons.

Micoshaft should be called and in questioned over what other
cooercion it is placing on market players to toe the market
distorting micoshaftic vision vendors are forced to follow
so that Linux and other OS vendors may suffer
so that micoshaft can live.

There is no reason why you or I should be forced to buy
a lower capacity Linux capable machine so that micoshaft can live.

PC prices should be completely transparent to the buyer!!!!
PC should be advertised with Linux and with micoshaft crapola
for side by side comparison and straight forward purchase.

What is micoshaft so afraid of?