Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 is a Mess, Microsoft Loses Software Power

____/ SomeBloke on Friday 09 May 2008 15:22 : \____

http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207600950

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200805071423DOWJONESDJONLINE000951_FORTUNE5.htm

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=intellectual_property_and_drm&articleId=9082098&taxonomyId=144&intsrc=kc_top

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=operating_systems&articleId=9081438&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_top

> <snip>
>
> I recall the 'release' of XP SP2 and the havoc that caused on systems. The
> system crash reports got so bad that at the company I worked at we refused
> to install it until MS sorted the mess out. It only took about 6 months or
> so. Quick work for Microsoft!

So, the upgrade to the latest and greatest O/S from Microsoft (circa 2001) is
due out in late 2008/early 2009.  Most people keep sending that Vista mess
down the bit bucket anyway.

Does anyone really believe that Windows has a future? Bullying tactics will not
buy Microsoft time. They'll have the company fines severely. 4 simultaneous
antitrust probes seem likely shortly (next week).

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | What is all that lipstick in XP's close button?