[News] Jason Perlow Admits Baiting in Sun's Favour (Against GNU/Linux)

Unixfication II

,----[ Quote ]
| My OpenSolaris 2008.05 write-up struck a chord with a bunch of folks in the
| community because the very title itself “What Ubuntu Wants to Be When it
| Groups Up” was taken as an affront to Linux’s maturity and the hard work and
| milestones accomplished by Ubuntu project and the Free Software community’s
| efforts. While I will claim a mea culpa in that I wanted to title the piece
| with a headline that attracted attention, that was not the intended message
| here.
|
| Click on the “Read the rest of this entry” for more.
|
| [...]
|
| The FSF has always referred to Linux as GNU/Linux. This isn’t just Richard
| Stallman being bitter — this is the official name of which the Debian
| distribution, which forms the basis for Ubuntu, is referred to. It might be a
| little bit of a stretch, but what if the OpenSolaris kernel and many of its
| other components were to fall under the auspices of the Free Software
| Foundation? Surely, Sun would have to give up some control, but if you follow
| the natural course of things, GNU/Solaris is not out of the question.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8769

More on why ZDNet cannot be trusted. Headlines "that attracted attention," by
his own admission. Some Microsoft or UNIX trolls used his piece to attack
Linux.

Recent:

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU4Lq7tOR_WVOJLZ3IeRaIH03x6w

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

The brazilian Election Supreme Court migrates 430 thousand voting machines to
GNU / Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://techforce.com.br/index.php/news/linux_blog/tse_migrates_to_linux