[News] [SOT] 200,000,000 Pages Now Show Intel's Crimes

200 Million Pages Can't Be Wrong: Intel Sabotaged AMD's Business

,----[ Quote ]
| The legal action filed by AMD against Intel in 2006 got new evidence to
| support AMD's allegations claiming that it had been sabotaged by its
| arch-rival on the processor market. According to the latest information
| emerging from the trial, AMD gathered 200 million pages of documents that say
| Intel paid its partners to ditch AMD.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/200-Million-Pages-Can-039-t-Be-Wrong-Intel-Sabotaged-AMD-039-s-Business-84971.shtml

Time for an embargo in some continents? What otherwise would be the lesson?
That crime pays? Processors are easy to change, unlike software (more lock-in
and complexity without obeyed standard interfaces).

AMD Unleashes Hydra: 8-Core Competition for the Nehalems

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite the fact that AMD is half dead because of its tiny CPU market share,
| the company is currently making the preparations for a worth-mentioning
| Nehalem competitor. The chip manufacturer's upcoming 45-nanometer chips in
| the Deneb and Propus families will undergo a significant micro-architecture
| redesign, also known as K10.5 Rev. D.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/AMD-Unleashes-Hydra-8-Core-Competition-for-Nehalems-84982.shtml

Having assaulted a charity (OLPC) and AMD, maybe Intel is a little bored? Who
will it attack next? NVIDIA? It already does that. It needs more revenue. Must
kill to grab someone's lunch, just like Microsoft.

Recent:

Nvidia CEO goes on Intel rant

,----[ Quote ]
| "We don't typically like to do this. It's just that we've been taking it and
| taking it and taking it. Every single frickin' day. Are you allowed to say
| that word? Every day all over the world. Enough is enough."
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9916414-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Related:

AMD chief condemns Intel 'abuses'

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2005, after the Japan Fair Trade Commission found Intel guilty of
| offering illegal rebates to Japanese PC makers, AMD filed an anti-trust
| suit against its competitor in the U.S. District Court in Delaware. The
| case has not been decided.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/06/21/amd_ceo_condemns_intel_abuses/

Negroponte says Intel should be "ashamed of itself"

,----[ Quote ]
| He is furious that Intel's CEO Craig Barrett called the One Laptop a
| gadget. The Negroponte initiative is caught in the middle of a vicious
| fight between AMD and Intel, he said.

| In 2005, a unit of Shenzhen Donjin countersued, saying Intel engaged
| in monopolistic practices.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070514/china_intel_settlement.html?.v=7

Intel slashes chip prices, boosting pressure on AMD

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel is slashing the price of some of its processors up to 50 percent, a
| slap in the face to rival Advanced Micro Devices, long known as the low-price
| alternative in the chip market.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1537609838&rid=-50

Merrill: Intel's More Interested In Crushing AMD Than Improving Margins

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070309/29149_id.html?.v=1