[News] Valve Commits to GNU/Linux, Doom 4 Coming!

Valve's Source Engine Coming To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| There have been rumors since last year that Valve may be serious about
| porting Source games to Linux after Valve Software began seeking a senior
| software engineer with the responsibility of porting Windows-based games to
| the Linux platform. Valve Software has yet to officially announce Linux
| clients for any of its software, but at Phoronix we have received information
| confirming that Valve is indeed porting its very popular Source engine to the
| Linux platform.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=source_linux&num=1

id Software Starts Work On Doom 4!

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to the good news we broke this morning that Valve is porting the
| Source engine to Linux, id Software has announced today that they have begun
| work on Doom 4!
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjQ2Ng

Related:

OLPC XO ($100 Laptop) running Doom

,----[ Quote ]
| Linuxlookup continues to receive requests for an evaluation of the
| $100 laptop. I've personally sent countless replies to individuals
| politely explaining the initiative behind OLPC, trust me, if we're
| ever going to do a review it will be announced on the front page.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2006/nov/29/olpc_xo_running_doom

http://www.valvesoftware.com/job-SenSoftEngineer.html

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6510144&postcount=4
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Id Software and Valve violating GPLs!

,----[ Quote ]
| I just wanted to post it here because I thought people should know that iD
| and Valve are together taking advantage of other peoples work without even
| giving them credit.
`----

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128297

New commercial Linux game slated by year end

,----[ Quote ]
| "Our decision to support Linux was based on it being the right thing to do,
| not some in-depth analysis of the business case. We want to play a part in
| getting more games on the platform because we think long-term that benefits
| both Linux gamers and the indie development community that Hothead is a part
| of."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119108

Eve Online for Mac and Linux operating systems

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.amidala.be/?p=51