Re: [News] Charity Killer (Intel): Proof of Corruption

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

>> Linux is all about doing without.

It's all about doing without Sweaty's bullshit, that's for sure.

>> Doing without proper Laptop power management.

All 22 Linux machines on my network suspend/hibernate no problem. Of the
two that are dual boot Linux/XP systems, XP fails to hibernate on one of
them, and the other hibernates but fails to wake up. In fact, I have had
considerably more hardware support problems with Windows over the years,
than I've ever had with Linux. But then that is no surprise, considering
Linux supports more hardware than any version of Windows. Heck, compared
to Vista, a a twenty year old Amiga probably supports more hardware.

>> Doing without proper multimedia.

MPlayer supports 360 a/v codecs. How many does that WMP garbage support?

How many different media players and codecs do Windows users have to buy
to reach that level of support? Good job that Free Software like MPlayer
is available on Windows too, otherwise Windows victims would be stuffed.

How many Windows Shareware and Freeware packages are just front-ends for
Free Software like MPlayer and ffmpeg, Like e.g. eRightSoft's SUPER?

As someone who has considerable experience of the tortures of codec-Hell
on Windows, it seems much more like *Windows* that has to "do without".

>> Doing without a proper Office Suite.

If MS Office is what passes for "proper" in your book, then you're quite
deluded. With Excel's arbitrarily rounding of numbers; Outlook's utterly
broken message headers, that make things like spam reporting impossible,
not to mention the ridiculous (and totally unnecessary) proprietary TNEF
garbage that litters messages with unreadable *.dat spam; and Word's odd
habit of refusing to lay out documents the way one wants, by unhelpfully
"correcting" what one types and where one types it, it's a wonder anyone
has the patience to use MS Office at all, much less throw away perfectly
good money on it. If it were the only Office suite available, I'd revert
to pen and paper, rather than subject myself to /that/ torture.

>> Doing without proper web browser plugins.

LOL! That's just funny. Have a look at the plugin repository for Firefox
some time, and compare it to the pathetic offerings for the joke browser
called IE. Mozilla browsers are *light years* ahead of Microsoft's slop,
which isn't too difficult considering the source. As for "Doing without"
ctiveX, that can only be a good thing, even the US government says so.

>> Doing without.....that's the Linux way.

We could "do without" you peddling the Big Lie®. You and DooFuS are like
a tag team in a mental institute, chanting your Billy Liar fiction. Keep
chanting ... it will never make it true.

>> ....and in the realm of Linux it != quality either.
>
> Perhaps you'd like to enumerate the bugs?  That way, someone out
> there might fix 'em.

He should start by fixing the bugs in Windows Home Server File Corrupter
Edition®. Oh that's right ... he can't. He can't because he doesn't have
access to the source, but more importantly - he can't because the single
braincell in his frontal lobe lacks the capacity for reason.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 21:18:40 up 137 days, 17:54,  5 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.11, 0.09