Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please. Be good timing.

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 05 May 2008 20:40 : \____

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forget-about-the-WGA-20-Windows-Vista-Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml

> Oooh, reprisal of Windows 95 Information Gathering.
> I still remember the fuss that caused...though in this
> case the market will probably simply nod their heads as
> they're far more worried about their next tank of gas or
> loaf of bread.
>
> But we'll see.

It'll get worse over time. Greed, prevalence and complacency make staged
introduction possible. Just look at Vista, aka Windows on DRMroids.

Microsoft's probes (intelligence), which include getting a list of all the
software you have installed (studying the rivals using unfair advantage), is
just the beginning and very old news.

Wait until the US find another excuse to enter another war and then disables
all the PCs (including some military equipment) of the country it fights
against. Only then would the world finally wake up. Microsoft's customers are
the governments, the media industry, maybe the OEMs but surely not the actual
users.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP
Swap:  1510068k total,   556852k used,   953216k free,    60660k cached