[News] Trying Mac OS X, Windows... But Ending Up with GNU/Linux

Conversion To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Another person joined us in our Linux conversation. He mentioned just how
| hard it would be for him to stop using Windows and to use something else.
| Gary and I both agreed that any move to Linux requires a re-learning and
|                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| settling in period, but once you have gotten over that hump, you never look
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| back.
| ^^^^
|
| While talking to Gary I mentioned what a unique position he was in - he had
| experience in both Mac and Windows before removing Windows and replacing it
| with Linux. Here is a man who can use three different operating systems - and
| who waxes lyrical about Linux.
`----

http://www.huliq.com/58686/conversion-linux

Recent:

Why Mac OS X Sucks and Linux Rocks

,----[ Quote ]
| For now, I decided to quit using Leopard (except when I want to take funny
| and distorted pictures), and I am more determined than ever in making Linux
| (Xubuntu) fully compatible with my Macbook Pro. You may ask why I think Linux
| rocks.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/why-mac-os-x-sucks-and-linux-rocks.html

Related:

What is the coolest thing you can do using Linux that you can't do with Windows
or on a Mac?

,----[ Quote ]
| Someone asked me this recently. I don't have just one answer. I compiled a
| list of things I thought of and emailed it to my friend...then I thought I
| would post it here for future reference. Feel free to add to the list! There
| is also a forums thread on the same topic, that I remembered as I complied my
| thoughts, so I stole some of the ideas posted there.
|
| 1. Upgrade to the newest version legally and without paying money
| 2. Have the latest version of the operating system run faster than the
|    previous version on the same hardware
| 3. Easily install and run different graphical interfaces if I don't like the
|    default setup
| 4. Install twenty programs with one command
|
| [...]
|
| 21. Use almost any hardware and have a driver for it included with the
|     operating system...eliminating the need to scour the internet to find the
|     hardware manufacturer's website to locate one
| 22. Get the source code for almost anything, including the OS kernel and most
|     of my applications
`----

http://matthewhelmke.net/index.php/2008/02/02/32-what-is-the-coolest-thing-you-can-do-using-linux-that-you-can-t-do-with-windows-or-on-a-mac

Things I can do in Linux that I can't do on Windows.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://dmartin.org/weblog/things-i-can-do-in-linux-that-i-cant-do-on-windows

Bah, **** this I'm going into Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| An unusually "personal" post this one and it's as short as it is
| unprofessional. It came about while I was writing my review of the
| Relisys 32" LCD HD TV as Windows frustrated me sufficiently that I
| had to go into Ubuntu to get the job done.
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/bah____this_im_going_into_ubuntu

Linux has better Windows compatibility than Vista

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008/02/linux-has-better-windows-compatibility.html