Re: Apple Riding a 51% Jump in Mac Sales

____/ JEDIDIAH on Thursday 01 May 2008 15:32 : \____

> On 2008-05-01, Mitch <mitch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>     I'm not giving Firefox any "credit", just acknowledging the usefulness
>>> of having multiple players in the market.
>> You said Firefox "opened up the Web!"
>> It did nothing of the kind -- it provides ONE new browser choice for
>> users. It is a good choice, but it was never first to do that!
>
> ...actually, since it is a direct decendant of Mosaic it did do that.
>
>    Also, something doesn't have to be "completely open" in order for it's
> presence to open up a market filled with highly proprietary options. Just
> being a wedge against a total hegemony forming around a particular market
> leader is enough to open things up.
>
> [deletia]

Ruben, JEDIDIAH is one of the good guys. Don't just the gun like that, please.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 05:20:01 up 19 days,  3:32,  3 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.57, 0.93