Re: Ubuntu's Dilemma with Free Software, OpenSolaris

Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
*SKIP*
> Right now, one of the big problems for Ubuntu is it's lack of support
> for LSB 3.0 standards,

Can't comment on this since I don't ubuntu, I debian.

> as well as it's lack of support for RPM packages.  Many commercial
> applications for Linux are distributed via RPM, and cannot easily be
> installed on Ubuntu systems.

(correct me if I'm wrong) That seems you don't understand the difference
between F<.rpm> and F<.deb>.  F<.rpm> lacks B<maintainer's scripts>;
F<.deb> is more than just F<.tgz> with meta information stuck over.

*CUT*