[News] Many More Ubuntu GNU/Linux 8.04 Raves

Here are some.

I'm loving 8.04.

,----[ Quote ]
| Since I downloaded Ubuntu 8.04, I've loaded it onto an older 32 bit desktop
| and a new 64 bit laptop. It's doing great on both, much better that ANY
| version of Linux or Windows before it.
`----

http://lexlocilinux.blogspot.com/2008/04/im-loving-804.html

Ubuntu 8.04, “Hardy Heron”: My personal review

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve never done a review, per se.  However, I feel the need to write one for
| the new release of the Ubuntu Linux operating system, version 8.04, codenamed
| Hardy Heron.
`----

http://www.jasonthepinko.com/?p=31

europa gets an upgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| First Impressions
|
|     * Firefox 3 Beta 5 works much better than Firefox 2. There is a noticable
|     and much welcomed difference in performance between the two. In addition,
|     all my plugins, including CookieSwap and Greasemonkey now work. I also
|     had to install oldbar to get rid of the ugly double-line URL bar that's
|     been forced upon us. Another annoyance is the download window. It doesn't
|     have a clear button on it; I have to right-click the properties on the
|     pane and select clear from there. What a pain.
|     * I downloaded and installed Netbeans 6.1. The new release hasn't been
|     pushed out to the repositories; they still have 6.0.1. It, too, is
|     faster, especially on startup. It runs with Java 6 Update 10 beta, which
|     is also not in the repositories. But everything seems to be running well.
|     * As I mentioned above I'm using the current latest ATI video drivers,
|     8-4. During the upgrade and while trying to make 3D effects live with my
|     OpenGL apps, I put a plain xorg.conf in place and re-ran
|     aticonfig --initial against it, to get rid of all the cruft it had
|     accumulated under 7.10. Didn't make a bit of difference.
|     * All multimedia continues to work. Not one thing broke.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2008/04/europa-gets-upgrade.html

Meanwhile, Microsoft&Mouthpieces: "Ubuntu is dangerous!!!!11" [to our revenue]

Days ago:

Evolution of a Linux User

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has been very good to me. I try to give something back, by being
| involved on forums and through this blog. My story is not unique. There are
| millions of satisfied Linux users. Most use Ubuntu, but many others choose a
| lesser known distro. Linux has just about something for everyone.
|
| When I used Windows, I constantly felt left behind. The OS aged and so did my
| equipment. In time Windows began to run slowly and look dated. Since I have
| switched to Linux, that is never the case. Things are never dull. I can try
| any number of distros and tailor the OS to meet my needs. I feel the same
| excitement with Linux that got me using computers in the first place, now
| over two and a half decades ago.
`----

http://linuxcanuck.wordpress.com/2008/04/28/evolution-of-a-linux-user/

Tech Remedy Official Review: Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all I’m impressed that Hardy is living up to the hype.  I will say
| again that I don’t like the use of beta software in a release of an OS, but
| thats just me I guess.  I highly recommend checking Hardy Heron out.  If you
| are currently a Windows user, the Ubuntu Developers included a nifty way for
| you to install Hardy as an application under your current windows install to
| try it out!  Pretty cool!  Please post your comments and let me know what
| your experience has been with Hardy Heron.
`----

http://www.techremedy.net/blog/?p=13

Recent:

Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

,----[ Quote ]
| As PC users clamor for Microsoft to continue to support Windows XP, company
| CEO Steve Ballmer called the Vista OS "a work in progress" at an annual
| Seattle event on Thursday.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/144773/ballmer_vista_is_a_work_in_progress.html

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did-bill-gates-just-say-windows-sucks