Re: [News] Flash 10 for GNU/Linux Finally a First-Class Citizen

* Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> Flash Player 10: Dazzling Effects, Better Performance, Runs on Linux
>
> Have they done the 64-bit version yet?
>
> [quote]
> Adobe's Tom Barclay says "Adobe is not currently providing a 64-bit
> version of Flash Player 10."
> [/quote]
>
> Will they ever?
>
> I'm running a full 64-bit OS, including applications and games, created
> and distributed Free by a handful of unpaid volunteers, and Adobe (one
> of the world's biggest software companies) can't even rebuild a single
> little plugin for 64-bit.
>
> Shameful.

Very.  Even a little team like the fluxbox team supports 64-bit.

And Adobe can't make a business case for it?

Even Microsoft seems to be slowly getting ready for the 64-bit world.

--
I laid out memory so the bottom 640K was general purpose RAM and the upper
384 I reserved for video and ROM, and things like that. That is why they