[News] Fedora Leader Talks Fedora 9, More OpenJDK and Screenshots

Video: Fedora Project leader on Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]
| Find out about the new features in Fedora 9 straignt from the source–Paul
| Frields, the new Fedora project leader. He talks with us about the massive
| changes in KDE4, the new (and improved) LiveUSB features, and the many, many
| people that helped get Sulpher off to a running start. And what’s in store
| for Fedora 10? Watch and learn…
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/05/15/video-fedora-project-leader-on-fedora-9/

OpenJDK in Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 9 (Sulphur) was released earlier today, complete with a set of OpenJDK
| 6 packages.
|
| [...]
|
| As an added bonus these packages have also been contributed into the EPEL
| project, a community-run effort to make Fedora packages available to users of
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, CentOS 5, and other RHEL 5 derivatives.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/mr/entry/in_fedora_9

Fedora 9 Screenshots

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Fedora%209

Recent:

Why should you go For Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]
| This time their are lots of eye-candy features in Fedora 9 that all are
| reloded with improvements and major new technologies.
`----

http://www.honeytechblog.com/why-should-you-go-for-fedora-9/

Fedora 9 and the road to KDE4

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 9 will include KDE 4.0.3 by default, so this is a look at the progress
| of one of the major free desktop environments. KDE 4.0 was released January
| 11, 2008 after a couple of years of discussions and hype.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/05/14/fedora-9-and-the-road-to-kde4/

Fedora 9 Gives Ubuntu a Run For Its Money

,----[ Quote ]
| After playing with the release candidate for a week or so I’m happy to report
| that Fedora 9 has made some significant strides and gives Ubuntu a serious
| run for its money when it comes to user-friendliness.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/05/fedora-9-gives.html

Red Hat lives on the edge with Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]