[News] Signs of Movement Towards Free Open Source Software, Potential IPOs Named

  • Subject: [News] Signs of Movement Towards Free Open Source Software, Potential IPOs Named
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 03:48:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Reflections on Open Source Commerce, Pt. 1

,----[ Quote ]
| The release of Microsoft Vista has shown that negative market forces can hold
| back even the heavy-weights of the IT game. A bad move, whether real or
| imagined can significantly alter the course of events. Bad press, or news of
| potential litigation can really place a damper on a product launch. Everyone
| who brings a product or service to market is subject to market forces that
| may exert a control that goes beyond that expected.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6483/1/

The gradual extinction of enterprise software dinosaurs

,----[ Quote ]
| Listening to him, unless proprietary vendors can find ways to keep up with
| the pace and flexibility of open-source development, I suspect they will go
| the way of the once formidable dinosaurs. Extinction never looked so good.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9943810-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Three Potential Open Source IPOs

,----[ Quote ]
| The VAR Guy isn’t suggesting that open source companies will launch initial
| public offerings (IPOs) anytime soon. But a lengthy chat with an open source
| guru — call him Pele — got our resident blogger brainstorming a bit. Here are
| three open source companies that could test the IPO waters over the next
| couple of years.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/05/14/three-potential-open-source-ipos/

Related:

2010: Russia's open software market to grow 4-fold

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://eng.cnews.ru/news/top/indexEn.shtml?2007/05/15/249978