Re: Video Editing Under GNU/Linux with Free Software a "Real Joy"

____/ Darth Chaos on Tuesday 13 May 2008 18:02 : \____

> On May 13, 11:20 am, Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.st...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > "can be"

>> > "on linux".
>>
>> > LOL Spamowitz. You get more ridiculous with every post.
>>
>> Cinelerra is one of the most difficult and convoluted Linux applications on
>> the market.
>> It's the *best* video editing application for Linux only because the others
>> are even worse.
>>
>> --
>> Moshe Goldfarb
>> Collector of soaps from around the globe.
>> Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
>
> Depends on what your needs are. If you just need to make simple
> YouTube videos, then you can use things like AviDemux, and you can
> even use Audacity to mix the audio. Here's an example I created using
> Audacity to mix the audio and AviDemux to make the video. I used
> Audacity to amplify the audio and mix in the extra stuff. (I ripped
> the audio using the media-convert.com online ripper.)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc39DbDyghc

There's top-notch proprietary video editing software for Linux too, assuming
one requires it. It's like the GIMP/Photoshop debate (and yes... Photoshop
runs under GNU/Linux now, with a compatibility layer).

Doesn't Google (and others) already have its Web-based video editing software
available?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | BadVista? I guess it makes Vista a dog.
 18:20:01 up 28 days, 16:32,  4 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.85, 1.04