Re: [Old] Microsoft's Attempt to Rewrite History, Forum Shills

____/ Linonut on Monday 12 May 2008 17:17 : \____

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/05/12/from-vista-to-zune-why-microsoft-cant-sell-to-consumers/

>    After establishing its brand name among consumers as a synonym for
>    failure and the butt of many jokes, Microsoft retreated to more
>    familiar territory in attempting to establish the product through
>    business deals rather than effectively selling it to individuals.
>
>    Just as with its previous PlaysForSure failure, that meant lining up
>    egregious DRM deals that promised music labels the opportunity to
>    round up consumers and lock them up in a policed corral to be milked
>    of their money.
>
>    Microsoft's main differentiation over iTunes and the iPod has
>    been more restrictions on content use and a greater willingness to
>    follow the RIAA rather than to challenge it as Apple has.

If Apple alienates the MPAA/RIAA, then it misses out a vector of lobbying.
Microsoft sidles with the same exploiters who can later on be used to promote
Microsoft's agenda, e.g. discriminating against GNU/Linux users. There's also
the push for changes in law that they can both collaborate on.

Microsoft participates (public knowledge) in groups that involve the MPAA/RIAA
and conspire against consumers in a variety of ways. Vista's DRM cage is just
one among several examples.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
         run-level 2  2008-04-15 01:48                   last=