[News] Microsoft/Novell's Risk with Moonlight Gargbage

Mono, The Road To Hell: Final Proof

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a Microsoft-branded piece of shit.
|
| Now, if there are still Linux users still loving Mono, and still believing
| they have anything in common with FREEDOM & Open Source, they're idiots like
| hell.
|
| Proofs of MALA FIDE from Microsoft's part:
|
|  1. NOBODY interested in a good-faith patent protection would restrict the
|  protection to the downstream recipients of a UNIQUE source — but this is
|  what Microsoft is doing!
|
|  2. NOBODY interested in a good-faith patent protection would restrict the
|  protection to the UNMODIFIED AND USED "AS INTENDED" ("for the intended
|  purpose") for an OPEN-SOURCE project — but this is what Microsoft is doing!
|
|  3. NOBODY interested in a good-faith patent protection would restrict the
|  protection in any ways. Simply imposing restrictions means WHATEVER FALLS
|  OUTSIDE THE SPECIFIC CONDITIONS IS SUBJECT TO FEAR, UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT!
|
| Yes, this is Microsoft. Yes, this covenant is ONLY and ONLY for the benefit
| of Novell's SLED and SLES, and for the benefit of openSUSE. This is for
| people to ONLY consider openSUSE as a "safe" Linux way to use Moonlight and
| Mono, and therefore to increase the penetration of SLED/SLES as "the" Linux
| for the Enterprise.
|
| This is the abjection of the Microsoft-Novell fascist conspiracy.
|
| Have a nice day.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/05/29/17/08/18-mono-the-road-to-hell-final-proo

Novell ushers in Moonlight

,----[ Quote ]
| The binary version of Moonlight does not have audio and video support
| built-in. If you want the audio and video features you have to build
| Moonlight from source using the instructions on the Mono wiki.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/136608

Recent:

Shining Some Light on Microsoft's Moonlight Covenant

,----[ Quote ]
| My conclusion now, after having reviewed it, is the same as I predicted. This
| is worthless and potentially harmful vapor-speak.

Is .NET on GNU/Linux a Trojan Horse?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.libervis.com/article/is_net_on_gnu_linux_a_trojan_horse