Re: Vista Called as Vulnerable as Predecessors

____/ 7 on Monday 26 May 2008 21:19 : \____

> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> <Quote>
>> According to analysis from the Australian company's ThreatFire user
>> base, 58,000 PCs running Vista were compromised by at least one piece
>> of malware over the six months to May 2008, equivalent to 27 percent
>> of all Vista machines probed.
>> </Quote>
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146281
> vista_called_as_vulnerable_as_predecessors.html
>

> WINDUMMY OSen is now unrepairable. More viruses, trojans, spyware,
> botnetware and malware are released per day than all the Micoshaft, its
> partners, and  anti-virus companies and their engineers can release fixes.
>
> Time to move everything over to Linux to protect company assets, banks
> and government assets.
>

> http://www.livecdlist.com
> http://www.distrowatch.com

How long before the zombie/non-zonbie ratio of Windows is about the same as the
ham/spam ratio, i.e. 9 out of 10 Windows boxes is a zombie? Right now it's
about 4 out of 10.

Yesterday I stumbled upon:

How Microsoft missed the boat on zero-day threats

,----[ Quote ]
| On Jan. 15, 2002, Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates issued a jaw-dropping
| memo with the subject line "Trustworthy Computing." To stem rising hacker
| attacks, Gates ordered all Windows development halted and directed his
| company's full attention to shoring up security.
`----

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=security&articleId=315273&taxonomyId=17&intsrc=kc_feat

This may suggest that poor security will have Windows tossed, eventually. There
will be no other choice. Armies worldwide already migrate to Linux because
they are hurt the most by infiltration. Espionage is costing billions too, but
it isn't necessarily a matter of national security.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
 04:00:02 up 42 days,  2:12,  4 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.20, 1.52