[News] Edinburgh-based Bed and Breakfast Moved Business to GNU/Linux

Edinburgh Bed and Breakfast Garfield Guest House: Transition to the GNU/Linux
Ubuntu Operating System

,----[ Quote ]
| Since installing Ubuntu the computers have run flawlessly.
`----

http://garfieldguesthouse.blogspot.com/2008/05/transition-to-using-gnulinux-ubuntu.html

Related:

Amadeus moves all hotel GDS operations from TPF to open-systems Linux platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Amadeus this week will unveil the first components of a new next-generation
| distribution technology platform for the hotel industry. As a first step,
| Amadeus has completed the migration of the 75,000 hotel properties that
| participate in its GDS from a system based on TPF (transaction processing
| facility) to a Linux platform, Jerome Destors, deputy managing director of
| Amadeus' Hospitality Business Group, said. All hotel GDS operations are now
| running on the open-systems platform.
`----

http://atwonline.com/magazine/article.html?articleID=2139

Christer Edwards: Ubuntu 7.10 vs Windows XP : The Story of the Hotel Printer

,----[ Quote ]
| I then click print in Evince and out comes the document.  Done.  You know,
| people still insist on telling me that they don’t want to run Linux because
| its harder, or that Windows XP just works for what they want to do.  Are you
| kidding me?  Just this evening it took me twice as much work to *try* and
| print something, which never worked.  Ubuntu “just worked”… go figure.
`----

http://www.linuxindex.com/2007/11/08/christer-edwards-ubuntu-710-vs-windows-xp-the-story-of-the-hotel-printer/

Microsoft sues Fattal Hotels

,----[ Quote ]
| BSA Israel's legal advisers, Adv. Naomi Assia and Osher Ben-Ezri claim that
| Fattal and its managers had "blatantly violated Microsoft's intellectual
| property rights, harmed its reputation and good name, and made unjust gains
| at its expense by copying and installing original software without proper
| licensing or authorization."
`----

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/DocView.asp?did=1000277049&fid=1725

Microsoft Booted! And by The Marriott?

,----[ Quote ]
| The hotel then shut down Microsoft's wireless and Ethernet Internet
| access at 4 p.m., leaving reporters scrambling to file their stories
| and Microsoft flaks looking on apologetically.
|
| "They need the room for a birthday party," one of the reps
| explained.
|
| What the heck is going on here? Doesn't the software behemoth
| from Redmond inspire fear anymore? Apparently not so much.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3646726

Four Seasons agrees to Gates, Alwaleed buyout bid

,----[ Quote ]
| Four Seasons Hotels Inc. said on Monday it has agreed to a $3.37
| billion offer to be taken private by a group that includes the
| Canadian company's chief executive as well as Saudi Prince
| Alwaleed bin Talal and Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill
| Gates.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070212/fourseasons_buyout.html?.v=3

Four Seasons: Gates & Co May Get a Higher Tab

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/investor/content/nov2006/pi20061106_360449.htm