[News] Rise in Demand for FOSS and GNU/Linux in India

India gung-ho about open source: Novell

,----[ Quote ]
| The demand for the technology, according to Swenson largely stems from
| government organisations and with many large organizations opting for the
| easy to deploy software, the training requirement is equally huge. "A single
| (open source) project required 500 trainees," she said referring to a project
| with the Government of TamilNadu, a southern Indian state.
`----

http://www.ciol.com/EC/Feature/India-gung-ho-about-open-source-Novell/23508106346/0/

Recent:

Free software helps Indian techies in many projects

,----[ Quote ]
| Free software and open source tools are helping a range of Indian
| entrepreneurs to build software solutions that enhance the potential of
| computing for millions.
|
| With names like Hindawi, Zmanda and Dhvani or KDE Hindi, these products are
| helping an entire new generation of software developres.
|
| [...]
|
| Abhas Abhinav's DeepRoot Linux team here has developed deepOfix
| (deeproot.in/deepofix), which "gives many proprietary mail servers a run for
| their money", commented Linux For You.
`----

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Free_software_helps_Indian_techies_in_many_projects/articleshow/3059925.cms

Related:

What Policy Should India Adopt for ICT in School Education?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gnowgi.org/2008/04/27/what-policy-should-india-adopt-for-ict-in-school-education/