Re: GNU/Linux Service Sites International?

____/ ml2mst on Saturday 24 May 2008 04:31 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ ml2mst on Friday 23 May 2008 12:15 : \____
>>
>>> I am just wondering if there are something like "Ubuntu Service Sites"
>>> in your country.
>>
>> There are quite a few. The one in Finland recently won an award from the
>> government.
>
> Thanks, I didn't know that. Interesting ;-)
>

>> It's a venturous cult. :-)

The articles were in Finnish, but I think some days ago Google launched
translation for that language. English intro to it here:

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 90

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Finland receives award from Finland's Minister of Communications
|
| Ubuntu Finland[1] was awarded Finnish Linux User Group's 2008 award at the HP
| Linux Forum[2], in Helsinki, on 8th of May. The award was received by the
| team contact of Ubuntu Finland, Timo Jyrinki, and was given by the Finland's
| Minister of Communications, Suvi Lindén[3]. The award also included 2000€ in
| cash for Ubuntu Finland's usage.
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue90

Microsoft loves competition.
"We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."
                --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President
 11:05:06 up 39 days,  9:17,  4 users,  load average: 4.56, 3.18, 2.44