Re: Microsoft and ODF

Verily I say unto thee, that bbgruff spake thusly:
> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

>> Oh well...it's a benefit to the MS Office user, if nothing else; I
>> just hope they get the conversion more or less right.
>
> I find this *extremely* interesting, ghost. When discussing technicla
> matters with technical people (meaning when technical people such as
> yourself are kind enough to talk to me!) I try to listen very
> carefully to *what* they say.

It's pretty obvious the Vole is making concessions in order to soften
the blow of the inevitable antitrust findings, rather than it being just
a hand-waving exercise.

[quote]
Suddenly, it appears, Microsoft has found that indeed its customers
really do want usseful(sic) native ODF support - something that it had
steadfastlly(sic) denied for years.
[/quote]

Looks like the old schoolboy trick of admitting to the lesser crime, to
divert attention away from the bigger one. Bribery and corruption are
such ugly words.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 21:10:03 up 154 days, 17:45,  6 users,  load average: 1.57, 1.29, 0.78