[News] More Articles on OOXML's Apparent Defeat and Microsoft's Seemingly Empty Promise

  • Subject: [News] More Articles on OOXML's Apparent Defeat and Microsoft's Seemingly Empty Promise
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 16:50:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft: OOXML too complex for Office 2007 SP2

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has admitted that it won't be adding support for the new OOXML
| standard in Office 2007 Service Pack 2 because of its complexity.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/200604/microsoft-ooxml-too-complex-for-office-2007-sp2.html

Alliance Calls on Microsoft to Act on Its Commitment to Implement Support for
ODF

,----[ Quote ]
| The ODF Alliance today greeted with scepticism Microsoft's announcement of
| its intention to include support for the OpenDocument Format in the first
| half of 2009. "The proof will be whether and when Microsoft's promised
| support for ODF is on par with its support for its own format. Governments
| will be looking for actual results, not promises in press releases," said
| Marino Marcich, managing director of the ODF Alliance.
`----

http://www.odfalliance.org/press/Release20080521-microsoft-odf.pdf

Microsoft Office Supports ODF? AYE!

,----[ Quote ]