[News] GNU/Linux Saves the Presentation When Windows Collapses

Ubuntu Linux Boot CD - don’t leave home without it

,----[ Quote ]
| Come presentation time his Powerpoint slides didn’t display properly. After
| each click he had to wait up to 30 seconds for the next slide to appear. Very
| disconcerting to him and his audience. He tried putting the setting back to
| the way they were, but to no avail.
|
| If he had a Ubuntu boot CD with him, he could have recovered this situation
| in about 2 minutes. All he had to do was insert the boot CD in the CD drive,
| ensure that his notebook’s BIOS was set to boot from CD, then go for it.
`----

http://www.searchtempoblog.com/index.php/ubuntu-linux-boot-cd-dont-leave-home-without-it/

Ubuntu, women, men, children, and the digital divide.

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu and Linux in general is making it possible for people to get the job
| done, whether you run a small business like my wife, rely on it for critical
| business applications, like my co-workers and myself, or getting ready to
| ship off to school.
`----

http://dthomasdigital.wordpress.com/2008/05/21/ubuntu-women-men-children-and-the-digital-divide/

Recent:

Linux Desktops: Real Relief for Windows Users

,----[ Quote ]
| In this op/ed article, Andrea describes the pains and pitfalls of the Windows
| OS and offers some candid advice from personal experiences.
`----

http://reallylinux.com/docs/linuxdesktopsbetter.shtml

Related:

Parking with Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows.
|
| One can't even park anymore without getting the Blue Screen of Death.
|
| Incidentally, the parking attendant couldn't figure out why I wanted to take
| a picture of the payment machine. For my part, I couldn't figure out why he
| wasn't running a real operating system. :-)
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9805877-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Who Knew... [Musical instruments crash]

,----[ Quote ]
| Who knew that even musical instruments could experience Microsoft’s Blue
| Screen of Death. I didn’t until I went to Seattle’s Experience Music Project
| last week.
`----

http://justinmaier.com/2007/08/22/who-knew/

Trouble Shooting The Blue Screen of Death

,----[ Quote ]
| Fortunately since Windows 2000 this has become less of a common occurrence,
| or so it seemed. Working late last night at a client’s office on a handful
| of problems already, Windows Vista (Brand new machine, only a week old)
| decided to show me otherwise. While copying some vital files to the
| machine, it restarted windows. After a rebooting to the login screen,
| it then repeated the process of halting and restarted, nice!
`----

http://www.terinea.co.uk/blogs/terineatechtips/2007/06/27/trouble-shooting-the-blue-screen-of-death/
http://tinyurl.com/3x7fe3

Would You put Your Life in Vista's Hands?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techdo.com/would-you-put-your-life-in-windows-vistas-hands/