[News] Naspter Turns Its Back on Microsoft Windows DRM

Napster nails DRM with largest MP3 catalogue

,----[ Quote ]
| Napster has driven another nail into the coffin of DRM-protected music sales
| with a new and well-stocked online store offering MP3 downloads.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18338/1054/

Microsoft wanted platform lock-in for songs, big media wanted to just 'rent'
songs. Exploitation of clueless customers who don't fight for their freedom...

Recent:

Adobe, You Piece Of Shit!

,----[ Quote ]
| How was I able to read the book with Adobe Digital Reader version 1.0, but
| not with 1.5? I could not "authorize" my computer to read the book I paid
| for, so Adobe simply stole from me!
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/05/17/20/29/23-adobe-you-piece-of-shit-

What is blocking Vista users from recording NBC shows?

,----[ Quote ]
| Some users of Windows Vista Media Center say they were blocked from recording
| the NBC Universal TV shows American Gladiator and Medium on Monday night.
|
| "Restrictions set by the broadcaster and/or originator prohibit recording of
| this program," the error message read.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9943631-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

When DRM detonates your music collection

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article3898784.ece