[News] [Rival] MSFT Sinks to 10-year Low, Intel Struggles Too

Microsoft stock at 10-year low

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft stock hit a 10-year low this morning after an analyst at Jefferies
| Group cut her forecasts for the company, citing "downward pressure on PC unit
| sales."
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/154278.asp?source=rss

Intel warning puts a chill on Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has already cut its forecasts for the current fiscal year, warning
| that economic uncertainty could hurt demand for its products.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_stock_rebounds_concerns_linger34423739.html

"There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
economy."
                                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

Recent:

Microsoft's Razorfish cuts NYC staff

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's online ad agency Razorfish laid off 40 staff in its New York
| office this afternoon, citing a dropoff in business from the financial
| services sector.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsofts_Razorfish_online_ad_agency_cuts_NY_staff33609649.html

Microsoft, Cisco to lose $4.3 Billion as investment banks cut cost

,----[ Quote ]
| The cut in the IT budgets of the revered investment banks like Lehman
| Brothers and Merrill Lynch due to their failure may lead industry giants like
| U.S. based Microsoft and California based Cisco to lose $4.3 billion in
| orders next year. While Cisco earns about three percent to four percent of
| annual revenue from the U.S. financial industry, Microsoft accounted for 22
| percent last year.
`----

http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/47182

Microsoft will be hurt by financial crisis, RBC analyst says

,----[ Quote ]
| The devastating U.S. financial crisis will hurt software giant Microsoft
| Corp.'s bottom line this holiday season as shoppers tighten their purse
| strings, RBC Capital Markets says.
`----

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/tradingdesk/archive/2008/09/29/microsoft-will-be-hurt-by-financial-crisis-rbc-analyst-says.aspx

Ballmer says Microsoft not immune from global crisis

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080930/bs_nm/us_microsoft_ballmer;_ylt=Au5VO.rh_OuPGHCBr9O.m4K573QA

Microsoft loses 90 Billion Dollars

http://slated.org/microsoft_loses_90_billion_dollars

Microsoft's Market Cap Falls $24B in 17 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is on the list. Today, the stock closed at $25.01 a share, down
| $2.39, or 8.72 percent.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/microsofts_market_cap_falls_24b_in_two_weeks.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Ex-Microsoft boss sentenced

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/371393_msftcourt19.html

Former Microsoft Manager Gets 2 Years In Jail

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_former-microsoft-manager-gets-2-years-in-jail_1427.html