[News] KDE and GNOME Both Essential, KDE4 Report

KDE vs GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the questions I get asked a lot is the "KDE vs GNOME" question. My
| first reaction is "that's not the issue," - the message I want to send the
| world is not why GNOME is better than KDE. That would be constraining our
| message to people that already know and use open source desktops. I can tell
| you why GNOME is better than KDE in many circumstances and I'm sure KDE folks
| can tell you about circumstances where KDE is the better solution. And that's
| good.
`----

http://www.stormyscorner.com/2008/11/kde-vs-gnome.html

video cast details

,----[ Quote ]
| The first live videocast hosted by your truly talking will be broadcast via
| my channel on UStream.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/11/video-cast-details.html

Recent:

KDE 4.2 is flat out going to rock

,----[ Quote ]
| That’s my prediction. Of course, the truth of the matter is that KDE 4.2
| (trunk) flat out rocks today. Seriously. I have never been more excited about
| the Linux desktop than I am right now. And this, 2+ months out from our
| actual KDE 4.2 release. I’ve been running OpenSUSE 11 for a couple of months
| now, and thanks to the awesome nightly/weekly KDE 4.2/trunk packages, I’m
| thoroughly enjoying pretty-darned-bleeding-edge 4.2/trunk packages, but with
| half the carbs, and I am loving what I’m seeing!
`----

http://movingparts.net/2008/11/11/kde-42-is-flat-out-going-to-rock/

Dolphin Features for KDE 4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| The feature freeze for KDE 4.2 starts on the November the 17th. Time again
| for a summary of the features that made it into Dolphin since KDE 4.1...
`----

http://ppenz.blogspot.com/2008/10/dolphin-features-for-kde-42.html

Quick Look at KDE 4.2-SVN

,----[ Quote ]
| As the work on KDE 4.2 turns out to be on quite an advanced stage, I’ve
| decided to test the current development version.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/quick-look-at-kde-42-svn/

KDE 4.2 (trunk) Now Rocking On My Thinkpad T61!!!

http://movingparts.net/2008/10/03/kde-42-trunk-now-rocking-on-my-thinkpad-t61/

32 times faster deleting your home directory

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, KDE-4.2 will be 32 times faster deleting a large number of files
| compared to KDE-4.1!
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3683

Wish list: 10 improvements for KDE 4.2