[News] Options Expand for Those Avoiding Bribing Charity Killers (Intel)

AMD Unveils a Server Chip Called Shanghai

,----[ Quote ]
| The new computer chip is more versatile than a comparable one that Intel will
| release in a few days, giving AMD an important advantage
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/nov2008/tc20081112_772835.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index+-+temp_technology

Recent:

The Morning Wrap

,----[ Quote ]
| DAILY INTEL: The semiconductor giant Intel is aggressively pursuing trademark
| infringement lawsuits, hitting small shops with complaints, The Recorder
| reports. Intel is going after a one-man company, Intellelectric, for alleged
| trademark violation. "Trademark enforcement is not unusual for companies with
| famous marks like Intel. But the number of suits sets the Santa Clara-based
| company apart," according to the Recorder report. This year alone, Intel has
| sued 15 companies like Intellelectric with the word "intel" in their name.
`----

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2008/11/the-morning-wrap-4.html

Intel asks court for more time with EU charges

,----[ Quote ]
| The Commission issued charges against the world's biggest chipmaker in July,
| alleging that the U.S. company had paid a retailer to refrain from selling
| computers with chips made by competitor Advanced Micro Devices (AMD.N: Quote,
| Profile, Research, Stock Buzz).
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINLE66027820081014?rpc=44

Otellini faced EU in closed session

,----[ Quote ]
| It is also defending itself to the European Commission anti trust court
| against allegations that it sold into the public sector at below cost and
| that it paid manufacturers to cancel AMD chip-based product launches. Intel
| denies doing anything wrong.
|
| AMD is making its presentations today, also behind closed doors.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/12/otellini-faced-eu-closed

Intel Describes How Credit Crunch Can Hurt

,----[ Quote ]
| "The recent financial crisis could negatively affect our business, results of
| operations, and financial condition," Intel wrote in its 10Q filing,
| published by the SEC on Friday.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/153165/.html?tk=rss_news

Otellini says the recession's gonna hurt

,----[ Quote ]
| The recession wil get worse, he warned. “This is the deepest one I’ve seen in
| my lifetime. All the smart people that I talk to tell us the US is in for a
| two-to-three quarter recession,” he said. “We’ll see much larger unemployment
| a year from now.”
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/07/otellini-recession-gonna-hurt

Related:

Negroponte says Intel should be "ashamed of itself"

,----[ Quote ]
| He is furious that Intel's CEO Craig Barrett called the One Laptop a
| gadget. The Negroponte initiative is caught in the middle of a vicious
| fight between AMD and Intel, he said.

Intel "paid vendors not to use AMD"

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD filed suit in Delaware against Intel in June of 2005, accusing its
| competitor of abusing its monopolistic position. The complaint charges that
| customers were forced not to use AMD processors. At that time the Japanese
| anti-trust body was investigating Intel and the EU Commission also had its
| eye on Intel's behaviour.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/107495/from/rss09

Intel overwhelmed by EU complaints

,----[ Quote ]
| So many charges, so little time.
|
| Intel Chairman Craig Barrett appears overwhelmed by a European Union
| investigation into the company's actions. Earlier this month, European
| Competition Commission officials busted open Intel offices in Munich, hunting
| for documents related to alleged price fixing with retailers. That raid added
| to an existing EC investigation into Intel's business practices.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/02/22/intel_barrett_eu_gripe/

Laptop-Project Founder Faults Intel

,----[ Quote ]
| Oscar Becerra Tresierra, general director for educational technology at
| Peru's Ministry of Education, says that after the country recently agreed to
| buy 272,500 OLPC laptops for primary-school students, an Intel sales
|                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^
| representative tried "to scare us" by claiming the machines and their power
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| adapters didn't work. "I don't feel very happy about it," he said. "We
| wouldn't like the project to fail because somebody is spreading gossip about
|                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| the machines that doesn't turn out to be true."
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119948070480568405.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Intel: doing the dirty on OLPC

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel’s agreement with the OLPC Foundation included a ‘non disparagement’
| clause, under which Intel and One Laptop promised not to criticize each
| other, according to Nicholas Negroponte in the latest article in the Wall
| Street Journal.
|
| Still Intel tactics have violated that repeatedly to kill OLPC efforts in
| Nigeria, Libya, Pakistan, India, China and Intel is also still trying to pull
| those tactics in Mexico, Brazil.
| This is simply disgracefull of Intel, scandalous.
|
| But Negroponte has signed an agreement saying that he is not allowed to
| criticize Intel, so he is not allowed to talk about these shameless tactics
| even though Intel is the one violating the agreement.
|
| So only independant voices on the Internet can get those messages of truth
| out about Intels tactics.
|
| In Nigeria, Intel came and donated 3000 laptops to counter OLPC efforts, then
| sells 17 thousand Classmates to Nigeria at a loss.
|
| Then Microsoft corrupted Nigerian officials with 400 thousand dollars to
| install Windows XP on those instead of Mandriva Linux.
`----

http://www.p2pnet.net/story/14124

Microsoft dropped Vista hardware spec to raise Intel profits

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/03/01/microsoft_intel_vista_capable_emails/

Microsoft 'Caves' To Intel

http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/28/microsoft-vista-intel-tech-ebiz-cx_wt_0228vista.html?partner=yahootix