[News] A Look at Debian Installer

Debian Lenny blinks its peepers

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that Debian 5.0 (aka "Lenny") will soon take its big binocular
| eyes out into the wider world. The Debian project has completed the first
| release-candidate of Lenny's installer, which features much-improved support
| for ARM-based devices, along with much faster installation from "live" CDs.
`----

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS3185652234.html

Debian Installer lenny release candidate 1

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian Installer team is proud to announce the first release candidate of
| the installer for Debian GNU/Linux Lenny.
`----

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2008/20081112

Recent:

Testing Debian Installer RC1

,----[ Quote ]
| The D-I team and the CD team have created images of Debian Installer Release
| Candidate 1 for Lenny. They are available at
| http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/.lenny_rc1/.
`----

http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2008/11/06#di-rc1

archive.debian.org, old bugs and list archives

,----[ Quote ]
| As already written a few days ago I was going to archive Sarge on
| archive.debian.org. That is done, you can get sarge from there now. The
| dists/sarge directory also already disappeared from the regular mirrors a few
| days ago. Im not simply deleting all source and binary packages from Sarge.
| Instead I am doing a removal of 1000 packages every second day, which ends up
| in batches of about 10000 removed files every other day. While that is a
| little more work on the archive side I think it pays off - many mirrors,
| including Debians own ones, limit the amount of files they delete in one
| mirror run and it is much less work than asking every mirror admin to make
| sure it will work on their system.
`----

http://blog.ganneff.de/blog/2008/11/02/archivedebianorg-old-bugs-and.html

Debian Linux installer for NAS devices goes beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Former Debian project leader Martin Michlmayr is beta-testing
| a "debian-installer" for devices based on Marvell's Feroceon architecture.
| The installer works with the upcoming "Lenny" release of Debian
| (currently "testing"), and is tested with Qnap Systems's TS-109, TS-209, and
| TS-409 Pro Turbo network-attached storage (NAS) devices.

Debian Installer Lenny Beta 2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian Installer team is proud to announce the second beta release of the
| installer for Debian GNU/Linux Lenny.
`----

http://times.debian.net/1252-Debian-Installer-Lenny-Beta-2-released

Related:

Debian Installer Lenny Beta1 Screenshots

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Debian%20Installer%20Lenny%20Beta1

Debian Installer Lenny Beta 1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian Installer team is proud to announce the first beta of Debian
| Lenny's Installer.
|
| This is the first release since Etch and the whole team has been hard at work
| during the past 11 months to make this release full of new features and
| bugfixes.
`----

http://times.debian.net/1227-Debian-Installer-Lenny-Beta-1-released

Installing with the Debian-Installer