[News] Interview with Ubuntu Founder, Ubuntu Challenges Macs

Shuttleworth on Dell, Greg KH, More

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, during Ubuntu's OpenWeek, Mark Shuttleworth joined in for a two
| hour Q&A session, where he answered a wide range of questions regarding
| Ubuntu and its parent company, Canonical. They ranged from questions
| regarding Canonical's relationship with Dell, all the way up to
| Shuttleworth's response to Greg Kroah-Hartman's criticism of Canonical.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/20515/Shuttleworth_on_Dell_Greg_KH_More

Ubuntu vs OS X: The deathmatch!

,----[ Quote ]
| As you may have seen from my recent posts I’m trying out OS X. There is no
| doubt that for the casual computer users viewpoint OS X kicks Linux’s ass.
| But I’m a open source computer programmer, and for us things are definitely
| not as clear cut. Five years ago, they probably would have been, but then
| Ubuntu arrived. Ubuntu is an operating system I can put my wife on and she
| will not be any more lost then she is on Windows. That is a big step for
| Linux and open source: Having an operating system that can compare favorably
| to the commercial ones.
`----

http://regebro.wordpress.com/2008/11/10/ubuntu-vs-os-x-the-deathmatch/

Days ago:

Dell Mini 9 and Other Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| The modified Ubuntu OS is one of it’s stronger points. It works well and
| combines the ease of use of the eee Xandros tabbed OS with the power of the
| full Ubuntu desktop. In fact, you can switch back and forth between the
| launch bar and a regular desktop via a new menu option. The launch bar has
| nice effects with zooming in on each category’s apps while bluring the
| background. It gives it a very modern and professional feel. Students who
| tested it didn’t comment at all about the UI being different (in contrast,
| they all complain about not knowing how to use the new iMacs we have).
`----

http://ubuntukids.org/blog/?p=122

How I kicked the Mac habit - with Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| After starting a new job this year though I was brought back around to Linux
| on the desktop. My first day at the office I was asked "so do you want
| Windows or Linux"? No brainer for me, even with my past pains on the desktop.
| Linux. (Oh, and they also asked me to pick a hostname themed off of a beer -
| I thought, man, I made the right choice coming here.) That was how I formally
| met Ubuntu. I ended up with a Hardy Heron box that has worked really really
| well.
`----

http://www.screaming-penguin.com/node/7621

Recent:

Dell Mini Inspiron 9

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m living the dream, I tell you! I’ve swapped my MacBook for a Dell Mini and
| so far the experience has been pretty positive.
`----

http://jonrob.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/dell-mini-inspiron-9/

Moving from Mac to Ubuntu: Why I’m switching

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://meganmcdermott.com/2008/08/29/moving-mac-ubuntu-switching/