[News] Cutting-edge Features in Fedora 10, New Video

Fedora 10 [Cambridge] : Next generation GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora operating system is an RPM-based, general purpose Linux
| distribution, developed by the community-supported Fedora Project and
| sponsored by Red Hat. Fedora's mission statement is: "Fedora is about the
| rapid progress of Free and Open Source software."One of Fedora's main
| objectives is not only to contain free and open source software, but also to
| be on the leading edge of such technologies. And with Fedora 10 in launch, it
| has been most cutting-edge Linux distribution available.
`----

http://ujjwollamichhane.blogspot.com/2008/11/fedora-10-cambridge-next-generation.html

In Depth: Fedora 10 Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| This episode of In Depth looks at the current state of Fedora 10, gives you
| our take on its progress and new theme.
`----

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=326

Recent:

10 Reasons You’ll Love Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| These are only the features that have been developed by Fedora Project
| members, and are largely targeted at desktop users. Beyond these, there’s the
| usual array of the latest and greatest versions of upstream software, along
| with a significant number of features that are aimed at making the lives of
| developers and system administrators easier.
`----

http://jonrob.wordpress.com/2008/11/07/10-reasons-youll-love-fedora-10/

Fedora 10 preview release shines like a star

,----[ Quote ]
| I tested the preview release in VirtualBox using the GNOME Live CD installer.
| I was particularly impressed with the high quality of the new desktop
| wallpaper image, which comes from the Solar artwork theme. The whole user
| experience felt amazingly polished.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/11/06/fedora-10-preview-release-shines-like-a-star

Upcoming Fedora 10 Release Has Style and Substance

,----[ Quote ]
| These are good times for Linux users. Ubuntu's 8.10 release recently went
| live, Fedora's 10 release is coming up in mere weeks, and openSUSE will
| finalize its 11.1 offering in December. Even if none of these distributions
| are your first choice for daily use, they are popular and are frequently
| worth checking out on liveCD, even if you plan to continue using your current
| distribution.
`----

http://ostatic.com/176574-blog/upcoming-fedora-10-release-has-style-and-substance

Fedora 10 Prepares For Development Freeze

,----[ Quote ]
| The release date for Fedora 10 (codenamed Cambridge) is less than one month
| away and as a result this Red Hat distribution will go into a development
| freeze beginning Tuesday. The Fedora 10 Beta occurred in late September, but
| over the course of the past month there have been three snapshot releases. In
| the third and final snapshot that was released this past week there are new
| improvements to this popular Linux distribution along with a new desktop
| background and better integrated version of Plymouth to greet its users. We
| have also recorded a new video showing the enhanced start-up process via
| kernel-based mode-setting.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_10_freeze&num=1

Fedora 10, a "Live" solution for One Laptop Per Child.

,----[ Quote ]
| When One Laptop Per Child starts their next Give 1 Get 1 program on November
| 17th, there will be an option to purchase an upgrade that will allow users to
| run a standard Linux desktop based on Fedora 10, on their XO system
| (pronounced "ex - oh"). This special edition of Fedora 10 is an alternative
| for adults who may not find the child focused graphical interface called
| Sugar practical for daily use. With this "Live" release the Fedora Project is
| once again highlighting a fantastic feature unique to modern Linux
| distributions.
`----

http://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Fedora_Live_on_One_Laptop_Per_Child_XO

Sugar-Coated Fedora LiveCD Gives A Taste of the OLPC XO

,----[ Quote ]
| It's interesting to watch Sugar spread from the OLPC XO laptop and appear in
| several major distributions. Aside from encouraging wider development, it
| opens up a very targeted environment and platform to an audience of users who
| might never consider an OLPC machine.
`----

http://ostatic.com/176568-blog/sugar-coated-fedora-livecd-gives-a-taste-of-the-olpc-xo

Cambridge (F-10) Preview Release announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project is proud to announce the availability of the Fedora
| 10 Preview Release. The Fedora 10 Preview Release is our last
| pre-release offering before we let everyone taste the goods for real.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-November/msg00005.html

RPM Fusion is now Available

,----[ Quote ]
| The RPM Fusion team is proud to announce the public availability of
| our repositories that provide software which the Fedora project cannot
| provide as easy-to-install RPM packages.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-November/msg00003.html

Fedora Classroom begins November 8

,----[ Quote ]
| Want to learn a new tool within Fedora?  Interested in getting a better hold
| on your skillset?  Want to share with others something you’ve learned?  Let
| us know at the newly formed Fedora Classroom.
`----

http://sexysexypenguins.com/2008/11/03/fedora-classroom-begins-november-8/

Related:

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
| Providing high school students with PCs is seen as a first step to preparing
| them for a technology-literate future, but in the Philippines many schools
| cannot afford to provide computing facilities so after a successful
| deployment of 13,000 Fedora Linux systems from a government grant, plans are
| underway to roll out another 10,000 based on Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117

Khadi Board visits the GNU/Linux installfest at Technopark today ..

,----[ Quote ]
| We at the installfest were
| lucky enough to have that heady feeling that accompanies a picture of
| FOSS working its magic and people benefitting from it. Today we had a visit
| from Khadi board.
|
| Khadi board has been using Fedora and Ubuntu to run their office for quiet
| sometime now.
`----

http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm/browse_thread/thread/1e4119a1b175383d

Omega 10 Desktop Linux