Re: Why Windows Being Bad is Good for Microsoft (or a Case for Unbundling)

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
>> Hadron wrote:

>>> Most people dont want to have to do that. Installing the OS is a
>>> job for jobsworth tape monkeys. Most people want the PC ready out
>>> of the box for them to install and configure their application SW
>>> which offers them their market advantage when used properly.
>
> Indeed, Hadron is correct.

???

You forget that "most people" who run Windows end up having to reinstall
it anyway, sooner or later (usually sooner). Whether they "want" to or
not is beside the point. Also see the points in my previous post
regarding hunting down; purchasing and installing all the applications
"most people" running Windows will inevitably "want". They can do that,
but not install an OS?

Rubbish.

Let me ask you this, would you "want" an OS that prohibited you from
installing software, or hardware that prevented you from installing a
different (or newer) OS?

What's not to like about the Freedom to do whatever you like with your
own property?

You should know by now that Hardon is not right; he is in fact never
right; he's quite incapable of /ever/ being right. He's an idiot.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 05:18:42 up 4 days, 13:01,  4 users,  load average: 4.34, 4.97, 4.63