[News] [News] MEPIS Linux and Its Parent Debian Leave a Great Impression

Mepis 7.0- My Distro of Choice

,----[ Quote ]
| Over all I defiantly give Simply Mepis and its earlier versions a score of 9
| on a scale from 1-10. With its stability, speed, applications, and great user
| interface. It is a distribution that has alot of potential and I hope to see
| another great release with Simply Mepis 8.0.
`----

http://benotten.wordpress.com/2008/11/06/mepis-70-my-distro-of-choice/

Debian Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I haven't tried plain Debian in years, though I've used derivatives, such as
| Knoppix and (K)Ubuntu recently.  I am pretty impressed.
`----

http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/2008/11/debian-linux.html

"We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
technically more."

                                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

Recent:

Simply Mepis 8 Keeps Getting Better

,----[ Quote ]
| There are two computers in my office, and I use both of them pretty
| regularly. Admittedly, the laptop has been taken over by two little girls who
| absolutely must see how the Littlest Pet Shop and Barbie are doing. Pappy
| doesn’t mind, though. At least they are not stuck using some virus-infected
| computer, and pop-up ads don’t rear their ugly heads while they’re playing,
| either.
|
| [...]
|
| When it’s all said and done, I would not hesitate one minute to make this
| beta the workhorse on my laptop. Everything I care about is working
| flawlessly, and Simply Mepis 8 just keeps getting better. Warren has done a
| masterful job in preparing this beta, and he will certainly be rewarded with
| at least one of the best systems around when it’s finally released as SM 8.0;
| it will definitely be a standard others will have to catch up to.
`----

http://preacherpen.wordpress.com/2008/10/22/simply-mepis-8-keeps-getting-better/

Mepis 8: It's a beautiful thing!

,----[ Quote ]
| So, in my developing desktop, I am using Mepis 8 beta, KDE 3.5.9, and the
| beautiful Xaphire theme mentioned in my previous post, which satisfies my
| need for a dark glassy classy look.
`----

http://eyemeansit.blogspot.com/2008/10/mepis-8-its-beautiful-thing.html

Second MEPIS 8.0 Beta Uploaded For Testing

,----[ Quote ]
| Warren has uploaded a second 8.0 beta, MEPIS 7.9.80-beta. MEPIS 8.0 offers
| up-to-date user applications delivered on top of a Debian Lenny core.
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/14198

Simply Mepis 8 is Looking Good

,----[ Quote ]
| You should give Linux a try. If you are currently using MS Windows, you
| should download the .iso image, burn it to a CD, stick it in your optical
| drive and reboot the computer. You won’t have to install right away, unless
| you want. This way you can look at Linux and see what it’s all about. There’s
| more information here. Give it a shot and you’ll probably like what you see.
`----

http://preacherpen.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/simply-mepis-8-is-looking-good

MEPIS Linux 8.0 nears release

,----[ Quote ]
| A new version of MEPIS Linux, one of my favorite KDE-based distributions, is
| nearing final release. Roughly a year after the arrival of version 7.0,
| distribution founder and maintainer Warren Woodford has just issued MEPIS 8.0
| beta 2, based on a Debian Lenny core.
|
| I last tested MEPIS at version 6.0 two years ago, and found it to be a nearly
| perfect Linux desktop. That version was based on Ubuntu packages, whereas
| version 7.0, which emerged late last year, marked a move back to a Debian
| core.
`----

http://www.deviceguru.com/2008/09/29/mepis-linux-80-nears-release/

MEPIS is coming back

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m pleased to report that one of my favorite desktop Linux distributions,
| MEPIS, is returning. The beta of the next version, MEPIS 8, is now available.
`----

http://practical-tech.com/operating-system/mepis-is-coming-back/

Simply Mepis Linux and My Office

,----[ Quote ]