[News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Zombies Hammer the MSBBC

BBC suffers DDOS attack

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a missive we have seen, all its sites were slowed down
| considerably last night. For a while the BBC home page was either not
| responding or opening extremely slowly.
|
| In a statement to the INQ, the BBC said the attack originated in a number of
| different countries but didn't specify which. When the Beeb's techies blocked
| international access to a limited subset of servers, it resulted in a marked
| improvement of the serving of bbc.co.uk.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/07/bbc-suffers-ddos-attack

The MSBBC promotes Windows and Microsoft. Good luck with that.

Recent:

Bots rule in cyberspace

,----[ Quote ]
| USA TODAY REPORTS that on an average day, 40 per cent of the 800 million
| computers connected to the Internet are bots used to send out spam, viruses
| and to mine for sensitive personal data.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/17/bots-rule-cyberspace

Why is the BBC Running Microsoft Ads?

,----[ Quote ]
| But it's obviously too much to expect a technology reporter in Silicon Valley
| to mention such trivia in the face of the real story about Microsoft's
| perfervid altruism.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/11/why-is-bbc-running-microsoft-ads.html

Related:

BBC pinches hot new columnist from Microsoft

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/14/bill_gates_bbc_secrets/

Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]